-->

Sunday, April 1, 2018

April 1. Day 91. Happy Birthday to me


When you are born on April 1, two things happen: 1) You get called an April Fool a lot and 2) Your birthday is frequently around Easter. As it happens, I have had three birthdays on Good Friday - in 1983, 1988 and 1994. So the day I was first able to legally drink alcohol on April 1, 1983, the pubs were closed. That doesn't seem fair. But that isn't the point of this story. While my birthday is frequently around Easter for the first time in my lifetime it actually fell on Easter Sunday this year (the last time we had an April 1 Easter Sunday was 1956 and we'll have another one in 2019). So I had double reason to eat chocolate and cake and chocolate cake. I also had other of my favourite things - time with my family, time with the dogs on the beach and an afternoon nap. It was all just as it should be.























































No comments:

Post a Comment