-->

Saturday, March 10, 2018

March 10. Day 69. All that glitters


Bloody weird weather today. It's the kind of weather I associate with Melbourne not Brisbane. It rained. It cleared. Repeat. I can't tell you the number of times I went to leave the house with the dogs only to abandon the endeavour. Finally we got in the car. It started bucketing down before we were out of the driveway. Having got that far, I really didn't fancy the Winkle whinging that would follow if we drove back in to the garage. I decided a brief scenic drive was the lesser of two evils. We stopped at the Kangaroo Point cliffs so I could take a photo of the rain drenched city - and then the rain stopped and the clouds cleared. I watched a bird land on the gold-leafed statue of the Angel Moroni on top of the Mormon temple. It blended into the grey sky and then as though a message was sent from the prophet, the sky cleared and there was blue. I took the pics and rushed back to the car. I didn't want the wet dog smell from the inevitable next downpour.







No comments:

Post a Comment