-->

Sunday, February 11, 2018

February 11. Day 42. Dancing Queen


 Don't you just love it when your favourite things come together. So Sunday brunch with some great people at my favourite Sunday brunch place. And the additional seating area where we camped ourselves had ABBA everywhere. God I love ABBA. I haven't really evolved much since the early 80s.  I'm okay with that. Actually, I'm more than okay with that. In fact when drawing up our Wills the other day, our solicitor asked about funeral songs. I wasn't expecting the question. I'd given the matter no thought but I said Thank You For the Music. Exactly why I said that I'm not sure given I have zero musical ability. However, I decided since that I could see no reason to change it. Let's take a more liberal to music. I'd like to think somewhere along the way I've brought a song to the heart of the people close to me and to some of the thousands of young people I've taught. Journalism is a job of passion, like music but without the melody. As American musician Frank Ocean said "Here's what I think about music and journalism: The most important thing is just to press play."  So you can thank me later, hopefully much, much later.








No comments:

Post a Comment