-->

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

November 7. Day 311. I'll eat my hat



Melbourne Cup Day. It would be un-Australian not to mark the occasion. I'm still not much or a party animal and I'm sure as hell not going to test my liver with anything stronger than a sparkling mineral water. So I invited some work colleagues over for a very sensible lunch. I made them wear very non-sensible hats because it is Melbourne Cup Day. I hadn't actually left the house to place a bet so I decided to go all high tech and use the William Hill app. It was the least intuitive app, I've ever used. I managed to back Johannes Vermeer $5 each way twice. When it came in second, I wasn't so concerned about the inadequacy of the app. I was not, however, as excited as Drama Teen who backed the winner. Indeed, A Die Hard quote Yippie-Ki-Yay, Motherf***** may have come out of his mouth. Well if it's good enough for John McClane .....









No comments:

Post a Comment