-->

Monday, November 6, 2017

November 6. Day 310. Nice work if you can get it




I am in equal measures impressed by the athleticism of dragonflies and appalled by morbid fascination of watching creatures having sex.
Today was back at work #Day 1. I slept really badly. I always sleep really badly the night before I return to work after an extended period off. In the end, I marked essays from midnight until 3am. Marking seemed preferable to watching the ceiling. Also it meant I had three hours of marking credit allowing me a nap and a wander around South Bank. I watched the ducks go dive bombing. I like watching ducks splashing around. In that state the analogy that ducks are calm on top and paddling like mad under the water falls apart. In that state, the ducks are like the rest of us, head down, bum up furiously paddling trying to stay afloat. But I found myself distracted by the dragonflies. Mid air mating takes style and stamina. I'm impressed. It sure beats marking.







No comments:

Post a Comment