-->

Saturday, November 11, 2017

November 11. Day 315. Fifty years and counting


Fifty years. That's a long time in anyone's language. That's almost as long as I've been alive. That's two life sentences in the Queensland legal system. That's also how long my "neighbours" John and Clare have been married. Technically they are not my neighbours any more but they were for most of my youth. They don't even live next door to Mum any more. Neither party moved but as is the way in Brisbane, a subdivision means there is a house in between. Anyway back to John and Clare, two wonderful people who are kind, giving and generous to anyone in need. Both seemed genuinely surprised to see my siblings and our families at the celebration at Shorncliffe today. Yeah, right. If you can't make a gathering twice in a century what kind of a friend are you? Congratulations to both.














No comments:

Post a Comment