-->

Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4. Day 247. Dog person




Every time my dogs jump all over me and lick me or jump all over each other for their regular wrestling sessions, I now mock cry "watch out, those vicious dogs have form. They hospitalise people." After the "incident" with my neighbour Margaret last Friday I feel I have to laugh or I will cry. Although she is fond of telling the nurses just whose dogs "caused" her to be hospitalised, at least now she's saying it was an accident. The fact that this wasn't a new injury but an old festering wound the dogs knocked is conveniently forgotten. The conversation I had yesterday when I outlined my concerns about her declining mobility also seems to have been conveniently forgotten. Do not think for a second this is because she is losing it. She forgets only those things that she chooses to. Let's face it, she's not the only person to have ever employed the selective memory or selective deafness technique. It's just right now a bit of honesty is called for. But fear not, I'm not letting go. I'm like a dog with a bone, a very vicious dog of the type likely to lick you to death.









No comments:

Post a Comment