-->

Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 17. Day 260. They're back


It is possible that I am a bit of a pushover. Rumple drops a ball at my feet and like Pavlov's dog I respond instinctively. I get up and go and play ball. My phone pings to alert me to an email. I see what it is without hesitation and answer without delay. It wouldn't occur to me not to. I am well trained. So when Margaret says she needs Coles mince I don't argue. I've discussed this before. There is an insanity associated with the fact that the birds in the street are dictating where I shop. Have they never heard the phrase beggars can't be choosers? Now, I wouldn't want to be unkind but I rather suspect that's not where the problem lies. I rather think that the life form looking the gift horse in the mouth is human. Margaret thinks that Coles mince rolls into balls more easily than the Woolworths equivalent. Therefore Coles mince it must be. The idea that the other supermarket might just suit my needs better doesn't come into play. I find this in equal measure admirable and infuriating. The woman knows what the woman wants and isn't afraid to ask for it. I could say "no". I couldn't be bothered. In any event the birds in the street took no time at all to return to Margaret's window. I'm pretty sure none of them asked to check to supermarket docket ....





No comments:

Post a Comment