-->

Thursday, June 1, 2017

June 1. Day 152. Escape artist


My dogs have a love/hate relationship with birds - by which I mean they love to hate them. They would love to chase them to death but they never get close. Full points for trying, however. Today on a walk down near the Brisbane River they thought all their Christmases had come at once. In front of them was a Thanksgiving Parade of scrub turkeys. My arms was almost pulled off by their enthusiasm so I decided to take them to the nearby dog park so they could burn off some energy. It was a short-lived plan. No sooner had we entered the park when Winkle left again, through an unauthorised exit. She crawled under the fence and ran. And she ran and ran. She ran down the river bank, across the bike park and the road and into a demolition site. She was having a lovely time. I was not. She was scaring the living daylights out of me and Rumple was far from impressed. A cyclist came to my aid but in the end Winkle got bored and came back. We did return to dog park. When I got home I rang the council and let me say Telstra could take a few lessons from the BCC call centre staff. They are awesome. They are friendly, efficient, professional and caring. Winkle is on home detention until further notice.














No comments:

Post a Comment