-->

Friday, March 3, 2017

March 3. Day 62. Food, glorious food


Don't you just hate ordering envy? You know when your meal comes and you look around and see what everyone else is having and you want one of those instead? The perfect solution is the banquet where you get one of each. So that's just what two of my besties and I did for lunch at South Bank. It didn't include dessert but the waitress assured us we wouldn't have room for dessert. Technically that was true but we are dessert people so we ordered and ate those too. So glad I did because how else would I have known that the tiramisu came in a flowerpot with chocolate dirt on top. It looked to good to eat but I certainly didn't let that stop me. I'm pretty sure all the wimps at other tables piking out on the dessert things were looking at us with a huge degree of ordering envy. Also having a good look at a common myna circling above and taking a seat at the abandoned tables around us to see what he could get. These little darlings have been declared amongst the top 100 of the world's most invasive species by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature. Given it's dedication to getting a free feed at one of South Bank's finest I'm not surprised. I can happily say those at my table left nothing to help. No such thing as a free lunch Mr Myna - a let me tell you ours was not free. But it was fun and I didn't eat dinner so that counts for something, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment