-->

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December 7. Day 342. Getting caught in the rain

Yes I like Pina Coladas
not getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean and the taste of champagne ....
Ah. The Pina Colada song, AKA Escape or as I like to call it Sprung you cheating bastards. If, as the song says, you have half a brain you would know that there is not very much to recommend about getting caught in the rain at least if that rain is a proper Queensland storm. Tonight I led my family right into the eye of such a storm. We were heading out to the movies and I suggested a detour to the CBD to take photographs of the lights. We'd been there less than a minute when it became apparent that the only lights worth worrying about were the flashes accompanied by thunder. The skies opened and we got soaked, right through to the bone. So we left and arrived at the cinema like a family of drowned rats. Yeah, that's about as sexy as pneumonia. I'll probably be able to make a fair comparison tomorrow because of the combination of storm drenched clothing and arctic cinema air conditioning ...








No comments:

Post a Comment