-->

Friday, November 4, 2016

November 4. Day 309. A birthday kiss


 My neighbour Margaret turned 89 today, a number which is impressive in any man (or woman's) language. So I took her to lunch. Well I say lunch because that's the meal she eats around 10.30am given that she's always up about 4. She got to choose so we headed to a most unassuming cafe in the local shopping centre for fish and chips and a can of lemonade. She loved it but nowhere near as much as the visit from the dogs later and a very special birthday kiss. Nothing brings a smile to her face quite like the slobbery tongue of one or both of my dogs - it really is the gift that money can't buy. People say it but some times it is true. It's the thought that counts and presence is better than presents. (Note to my family. Both is even better)












No comments:

Post a Comment