-->

Monday, October 3, 2016

October 3. Day 277. Got it in the bag




My amazing niece once made an outfit decorated entirely in tea bags, alternating fresh ones with used ones to make the most of contrast. On occasions I alternate tea bags too changing from peppermint tea to green tea in my hot water. Genius, right? This is what separates us mere mortals from those with creative vision. I see heavy duty garbage bags and I think cleaning up. Others can see the possibility to create costumes for a steam punk inspired Hamlet. So creative and seeing the finished product today I must say of so effective.  This Heartbeast production is being staged in the Spring Hill Reservoir with the audience moving between the historic underground chambers to witness each scene. When you design a production like this you need just the costumes to match and hence the garbage bag outfits. As the websites says "in this dynamic immersive theatre adaptation, we take you down to the dark and evocative environs of Spring Hill’s underground reservoir where you follow the action around, coming face-to-face with the characters, their troubles, their fighting, and their revenge."
 Today I stayed just long enough to get a sense and take photos choosing to allow the cast to keep their powder dry until opening night on Friday. I'll be there with bells on. If it looks this good on a rainy public holiday Monday afternoon, I can only imagine how good it will be with an audience under lights at night.




























No comments:

Post a Comment