-->

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 7. Day 251. You have to laugh


 My heart sinks just a little when my phone rings and I see my neighbour Margaret's name light up.
I have a tendency to think the worst because the truth is there have been too many times I have to go and help her off the floor.
But there are many, many other times when she just calls for a chat or to tell me a long, drawn out story about her hearing aids or the like.
Some times I'm not even sure there is a point to the call at all except on those occasions you know the call is the point. Today's call was to tell me there was a shopping list ready for my consideration. "I've got the red purse ready," she always says.
I could go alone but I rarely do.
My presence is welcome but the dogs.... well they make her day. Anyone can buy groceries but only a dog can deliver pure unconditional love. There's no price you can put on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment