-->

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 5. Day 188. Flash mob

I have a new toy. It is suspiciously like my old toy(s) except it works. Until last week I took my photos on a Canon 650D. But it died of old age like the Canon 550 before it. That probably sounds a trifle careless but I do take about 100,000 photos a year, every year. And to take those photos I cart my camera and lenses with me everywhere. It's totally not something wrapped in cotton wool. I work on the philosophy that there is no point in having a camera if you don't use it and if I don't have the camera with me I can't use it. The world is full of what used to be called Kodak moments when Kodak was still a thing. Sure I could use my Fruit Phone but most of the time I'm using it to send a tweet or update Facebook or check emails or something. Sure the iPhone can do everything but not all at once and not if you want to preserve the battery in case you want to actually use it to make a call, And when you average my photo spend over a year it's a small price to pay for the joy of snapping. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment