-->

Monday, July 11, 2016

July 11. Day 193. Virtual reality

University students wandering around looking at their phones is hardly a revolutionary new thing.
 Still the screen obsession I witnessed at the University of Queensland lakes was something else. It didn't take me too long to work out that this was a bad case of the
Pokemon phone possessed. I asked one of the screen teens and they confirmed that it was an app attack of Pokemon Go (they did look slightly horrified that someone as old as I might recognise this but still). Now as someone on Level 1814 of Candy Crush I'm not about to get all judgy about app obsession. However, it did seem like it was a missed opportunity. While I looked at the pelican they looked at their screens. While I looked at the turtles, they looked at their screens. They were too busy looking at the screens to notice Winkle trying to drown in the lake. Okay Virtual Reality might be cool but so is reality. You should try it some time.













No comments:

Post a Comment