-->

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 8. Day 160. How much is that doggy in the window


 I'm lead to believe, although I'm unlikely to ever find out, that in high end boutiques the saying is that if you have to ask the price you can't afford it. I rather think it's the same with dogs. That song "How much is that doggy in the window?" really should have been asking "how much will this creature with the waggily tail cost me over its lifetime?"  Rather a lot, I would think. It was a question I pondered as I spent the morning with the dogs away from the house as the carpets and upholstery was cleaned. Winkle, or Wee Willy Winkle as I like to call her, is still prone toileting issues. I put off the cleaning as long as I could while she sorted herself out. But she still hasn't, not properly. And faced with a house that was starting to smell like an old people's home I forked out $500 to make the problem or at least the smell go away. Still that's child play because while out I was speaking to a woman whose vet bills for one of her two dogs have amounted to $13,000. Yikes. But she did say that it was worth every cent. And of course it was. Money may not be able to buy you love but it can buy you a dog and that's pretty close to the same thing.
Step total: 18, 759






No comments:

Post a Comment