-->

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

May 25. Day 146. Slow and steady ....

 I'm pretty sure that the whole hare and tortoise thing was written to make life's tortoises feel better about themselves. It is, of course, insane. The tortoise may win a popularity competition, an intelligence test or even pick up $10 for second prize in Monopoly's beauty contest but will never win a race based on speed. That's the truth. It is a truth I have long since accepted given I am one of life's tortoises. Speed is not one of my virtues. But slow and steady I can do. This is why for the next 100 days I will be taking part in the Global Corporate Challenge. Hundreds of thousands of participants across the globe are taking part in program supported by the employers. The aim is, of course, to improve the physical and psychological health of employees. We all benefit from that. I am in a QUT team of seven called the Super Slugs. That's a team that suits me down to the ground. The truth is for a variety of reasons I have been even more sluggish than usual in recent weeks and  intend to use this challenge to start turning that around. At a minimum, a very minimum I WILL take 10,000 steps a day even if it means running around the house in the minutes before midnight. I will take steps not make excuses. As well as the six other team members I have recruited two honorary ambassadors. I promised the dogs 10,000 human steps a day. I don't know what that is in dog steps but I don't think they can count anyway. So today the challenge began and we walked to the University of Queensland lakes. Nice it was too. In any event, when the alternative is marking anything looks good. I can think of no better time to sign up for something that will improve your mental health....

I shall be adding my steps daily.  
Today's Step Total: 12, 123



No comments:

Post a Comment