-->

Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 3. Day 94. Where there's smoke (there's a shit load of candles)


There was a lot of smoke today. There was the steam train at Roma Street Station when I went to collect my sister. There was the garlic bread I left in the oven too long and there was the candles on my birthday cake. I am officially old and if I didn't know it before the totally lame attempt at blowing out the candles proved it. I blame a rather nasty cough caused possibly by a chest infection or possibly by asthma induced by all the smoke.  Still this old dog does know a few new tricks. I was able to teach my sister, the one who delights in telling me how much younger she is than I am, how to reference an academic report. The business of correctly referencing websites was not a "thing" when last she studied. In addition I cooked salads which included such things as  pomegranate molasses, bulghur and quinoa. I know, how positively young and trendy I am. They also tasted pretty good at least when compared with charred store-bought garlic bread. Anyway, it's the thought that counts and I thought about putting the bread in the oven I just didn't think about removing it before it turned to ash. I am clearly getting forgetful in my old age.



No comments:

Post a Comment