-->

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

November 25. Day 329. Easily distracted


 

















It doesn't take a lot to distract me. Shiny objects, food, the possibility of sleep - pretty much anything really. And, as this morning proved, being time poor is no protection from distraction. As a journalist, a respect for deadlines should rule but even knowing a live radio segmant was looming I still managed to find myself stopping for a chat on my way to the ABC studios. It wasn't my fault. If Alex hadn't decided to paint a traffic signal box before 6.30 in the morning, I wouldn't have found myself distracted by her. And I wouldn't have had to stop for a chat. And then I wouldn't have gone from running late to running REALLY late to running to the studios. I made it with seconds to spare. And then I headed for home only to be distracted by a noisy miner eating its breakfast and by Alex who was still painting her traffic signal box ...





No comments:

Post a Comment