-->

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 6. Day 279. Open mouthed

At a recent performance, the wonderful Kitty Flanagan ranted about bloggers, particularly the Mummy Bloggers. He points were solid. They very word blog sounds like something coined by a person who could do with more fibre in his or her diet. And further that the mummy bloggers spend much of their lives blogging about how totally exhausted they are instead of taking the quite obvious path to improving the situation - shutting the computer and having a nap. Oh, God. If I wasn't too old to be a mummy blogger she could be talking to me. But here's the thing Kitty doesn't understand. Blogging is addictive. If anyone had told me when I started this on January 1, 2012 that I would still be playing away whinging about how tired I am in October 2015 I would have told them they clearly needed more fibre in their diet. Further, if anyone had told me that at this point I would have notched up 200,000 page views I would have also questioned their sanity. I look at the figures with open-mouthed amazement. But you do it one day, and then the next and then it's a habit that's hard to break. There's probably a 12 Step program out there somewhere .... but the first step to change is wanting to change and right now that's not me. I'd rather just continue to bleary eyed blog and whinge about my fatigue.








No comments:

Post a Comment