-->

Sunday, October 18, 2015

October 18. Day 291. Let's go fly a kite

I'm not sure whether to cue the violins or call the lawyers, but either way I can not recall ever having a kite or being taken kite flying as a child. Clearly it sucks to be me. Perhaps this is a case of very selective memory but I am absolutely certain that if there was kite flying it did not involve the type of kites seen at the Brisbane Kite Festival this afternoon. It is at the time of semester where it is very possible for most of my household to spend the weekend buried in assessment. But in the interests of trying to maintain some degree of sanity, I ordered everyone into the car after lunch and we headed out. First stop was the kite festival where the array of flying machines on strings was something to behold. Organisers would have been delighted with the conditions the wind gods put on for the day.The Murrarie Recreation Ground was alive with families both watching and having a go. Having taken in the festival we piled back into the car and headed to Kedron Brook to indulge the canine family member in a walk and a swim. And then it was home to the inevitable. Sure a couple of hours was lost but clearer heads doubtless led ti greater efficiency - well that's my story and I'm sticking to it (although I fully admit my head might be in the clouds).







No comments:

Post a Comment