-->

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

August 5. Day 217. Over the top

The canine support crew
Some times it is a step too far. So it was today at the Kangaroo Point Cliffs. Today was my delightful niece Amelia's 12th birthday. Today was also day one of her new life in Australia having spent all of her life living in Hong Kong since birth. She wanted it to be special and my brief was to make it so. After consulting with my sister Lisa we decided that abseiling down the Kangaroo Point cliffs would be awesome. Amelia is a try-anything sort of kid and should have been totally up for it. And she really, really wanted to but in the end just couldn't take the one giant step off the top. I have to say that our leader Matt was so patient, so encouraging and a delight and I know Amelia enjoyed pushing herself right to the limit even though she didn't make it over the edge. The birthday girl may not have done it but the rest of the group - me included - conquered the cliff and at the bottom their was a party. It may not have panned as planned but it was still a birthday to remember. 




















1 comment:

  1. I don't blame your niece in the slightest for not wanting to abseil down the side of a cliff, heights aren't my best friend either. It's great that everyone gave it a go and you all supported her decision not to do it as well. She looks happy enough tucking into her sweet treats at the party afterwards so she was obviously not regretting her decision not to try it. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete