-->

Thursday, July 30, 2015

July 30. Day 211. Without a paddle

I am dreaming of the water, possibly because I feel like I'm drowning in work. At moments like this I start planning (and usually booking) a holiday. Today was no exception. Booking for September now complete. A girl needs something to look forward to after all. Some times I have strange notions that a complete getaway on a cruise might be very inviting. Seeing the Kookaburra Queen paddle its way majestically up the Brisbane River this evening does give me odd romantic notions of a seafaring holiday. And then I remember one very crucial fact - I get hideously seasick. There is a very real possibility that I would do my very best Mr Creosote impression "Better get a bucket, I'm going to throw up". Not much romance in that. So I shall enjoy the water from the beach and the only deck I'll find myself on is the one on the holiday home.

No comments:

Post a Comment