-->

Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22. Day 142. I'll have what he's having


You know "that" scene in When Harry Met Sally? The one that ends with the woman in the restaurant announcing "I'll have what she's having" after Sally's exuberant display of delight? Well today my 87-year-old neighbour Margaret said quite a similar thing after being greeted by a Rumple far more enthusiastic and energetic than we've seen for a number of days. I was telling Margaret that I was about to take Rumple back to the vet for a follow up visit after this week's serious illness. She told me to

a) Tell the vet, that the medication is clearly working and



b) put in a request for a few extra doses for her.
Margaret and Rumple love each other dearly. She giggles like a little girl when he's around. It's actually a delight to watch. I know Margaret appreciates my company and the little chores I do for her but I am by no means the favourite neighbour. I may be able to buy some bread and milk but can I was my tail? Can I put a paw on the arm? Do I lick a face? Well no, not recently anyway. See Margaret and Rumple and the case for having animals in nursing homes is closed. Open and shut case. They bring so much joy. Perhaps I should hire out Rumple to be a home visitor. I might need to if he finds new and improved ways to clock up mounting vet bills ...




No comments:

Post a Comment