-->

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

May 19. Day 139. Back where he belongs

In the Harry Potter universe, a patronus is an ancient and mysterious charm that conjures a magical guardian, a projection of all your most positive feelings. Harry's is a stag. Dumbledore's is a Phoenix. Susan's is a furry little King Charles Spaniel Shih Tsu cross. He's the fairy godmother to my inner Cinderella, the blue fairy to my Pinocchio. The point is that Rumple is a ball of devotion. If I want a walk, he walks. If I want to sleep, he sleeps. I have a bath and he sits by the tub. I grab the car keys and he is waiting by the car door. So am I pleased and relieved and delighted to have him home? You bet I am. Do I resent the $964 vet bill? No not a bit. Will I sleep easier with him in the bed tonight? Too right.

No comments:

Post a Comment