-->

Saturday, April 25, 2015

April 25. Day 115. That's the spirit


On paper, a 50th birthday party at 10.30 in the morning by a dog park would go down in history as the lamest celebration EVER. But birthday parties are not held on paper and a child friendly, dog-friendly party in the park is just what this dear old thing ordered. Those who know me would know there was an adult celebration on my actual birthday about three weeks ago but my siblings and their kids were out of the country. Besides, birthdays with zeros on the end deserve a prolonged celebration. So today I backed up for round 2 and the Comslie Reserve by the Brisbane River. The weather was perfect, there were cupcakes and other party food the normal antics you can expect with children and animals. I for one loved every minute of it (especially one hilarious minute involving my mum in the dog park. Ask me some time. I'll tell you the details). And there was still time for a nap and a dusk ANZAC Day ceremony at the Maritime Museum.





















3 comments:

  1. This looks like a fab way to celebrate your birthday :-) great photos! X #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend your birthday, love your jumping shots! #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great way to celebrate your birthday, there's nothing better than surrounding yourself with family and having a brilliant time. Everyone looks like a they're having a great time with lots of different activities. Thanks for linking up with Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete