-->

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

April 21. Day 111 Like water off a duck's back

 I am not, I'm afraid, the type of person who lets things wash over me like water off a duck's back. In fact I am more sponge than duck rather prone to absorbing instead of dispersing the little inconveniences and troubles of life. It is most certainly a weakness and a vulnerability. The fact is that it can leave you feeling like you are drowning. But it is what it is and this little black duck would rather be over sensitive and all that that entails than overly distant. That was this afternoon where I felt like I was drowning in a sea of mucus. This would have been easy to avoid. When Margaret my neighbour complained on the cold and mentioned the need to change to her flannelette sheets I did not have to volunteer. Sheets that have been in a linen cupboard for a year WILL set my sinuses on fire and as it happens stir up asthma. But I believe that what goes around comes around. Be impervious to the troubles of others and expect that in return. Always taking them on board is not without its perils - I've learned that to my cost and explains why I spend much of my life in a flap. It's just the nature of the beast and some of us take to it like a duck to water ....


No comments:

Post a Comment