-->

Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9. Day 40. Pot of gold


If there's a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow, I was a happy little leprechaun today. The beach on a stormy Monday afternoon with my fur friend Rumple is my definition of pay dirt. It is a little reward I allowed myself because Drama Teen is on school retreat and if he's retreating so am I. The place I always retreat to is the beach and frankly I need a reward because one of the things I had to do before he went was write a letter, a secret letter which will be presented to him during the stay. This is not just any letter but a letter of affirmation. I had to write a letter saying just what my son means to me. Holy hell. Some things are too hard for words. They just are. Writing is my "thing" but writing such a letter was seriously, seriously difficult. Getting the tone right so it sounds sincere but not wanky is like walking a tightrope without a net. Finding words for which there are no words is a challenge, let me tell you. And once you put it in writing it's forever. A girl needs a little lie after that and there's no better place for a little lie down than a room at the beach



No comments:

Post a Comment