-->

Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2. Day 33. I don't like Mondays (well not normally)



Mondays, really do suck. Five whole days until the rest and relaxation of the weekends. I don't hate work but if it's a choice between meetings and market shopping, or timetables and time out or benchmarks or the beach, or performas and the pub, I'll take the latter every time. Really, who wouldn't? (There may be people. I am sure they can get help). I am, however, most fortunate to have a job that has flexibility. Outside teaching terms there is the ability to meet those Key Performance Indicators outside the constraints of the 9-5. Today I exwercised that flexibility, took the afternoon off and took the dog to the beach. It's not something I've done before and I only did it this time because I had to collect a car from the Coast. But there was no way I was getting that close to the coast and not hitting the sand. And it was awesome. It even took the sting out of the rather nasty car repair bill. I just can't be mad with the world with the sand beneath my toes - even on a Monday.




No comments:

Post a Comment