-->

Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29. Day 29. Creature of the Night

It's not that I have a problem with night. Brisbane is a thoroughly beautiful city at night. The night is cooler for start and the nightlife is, predictably, better at night. Dining, theatre, fireworks, the lights of the city, all better at night.  But so too is sleep, or it should be unless you are a shift worker. Sleep is one of my favourite things. As a child they called my Snoozy Susie. My Twitter handle is Snoozen. Nothing makes me happier than climbing into bed at the end of a long day (although climbing into bed for an afternoon nap comes a close second). But as I am rapidly discovering, the night may be a great time for partying but it is a really sucky place for lying awake waiting for sleep to come. Really sucky. The days are also not so good when you've spent the night awake. No one minds so much if the lack of sleep comes from a night out in the glorious city. But tired and grumpy after a night trying to get a good night's sleep? No amount of beautiful lighting or flashy staging can make that look attractive. God knows I've tried.In fact, I often find myself lying awake at night pondering it ....

No comments:

Post a Comment