-->

Friday, October 24, 2014

October 24. Day 297. One giant step

I stood there, not sure if the fact I had to take off my glasses was a good or a bad thing. It was blurry but one thing was clear, it was a long, long way down. Repeat after me all you have to do is step and  gravity - and ideally the harnesses - will do the rest.
When I signed up for this some months ago a bridge swing seemed like a totally awesome idea. Standing on the edge of the Goodwill Bridge wearing a dragon onesie and the doubts weren't only creeping they were jumping into my throat. But then I was ready. On the count of three. One. Two. Three. Go.
And there it is. Freedom. I was flying like a bird (a great big green totally lacking grace bird floating under the bridge). Awesome. Too much fun and about $700 raised for Save the Children. I'd call that a win. Listen to the audio from ABC Radio Brisbane here
















And because under the rules of this project "I" have to take a photo a day and I clearly didn't take the photos while I jumped here is one I took later in the day ...
Thanks to my lovely nieces Scarlett Hetherington and Cleo Hetherington for the photos and video from the bottom of the bridge and my new mate Stephen Clover for the photos at the top.

2 comments:

  1. OMG this terrifies me just looking, never mind doing! .. well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's awesome, and I'd love to have a go at such a thing! Well done you for having the courage and for raising so much money.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete