-->

Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12. Day 132. Double trouble

Look at them. Sweet as pie. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.
These fur friends are experts at hiding their evil intentions.
But I know better. Alone each is well capable of mischief but together we are dealing with double trouble.
It's impossible to tell whether it's the older, wiser and faster Rumple who is the ring leader or the bigger, stronger and more dominant Beagle Fed who has the real nose for trouble but they egg each other on.
So it was today. A courier rings the door bell and before I can say "don't forget to shut the gate" it's a clear case of dog(s) gone. Escaped, as fast as their little legs can carry them (which I have to tell you is pretty bloody fast). Then to add insult to injury as I move to attempt to mount a search party the front door slams shut and locks me out.
Excellent. Realising that a) this is hilariously funny and b) there's no place like home, the dogs return and dart back in through the dog door leaving only the person who pays the mortgage and buys the dog food standing on the footpath. Sweet little darlings. Lucky they are cute and also have the sense to be back in bed asleep by the time I get back in. I mean a smart girl knows that it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment