-->

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April 8. Day 98. Sleeping like a baby

Whoever coined the phrase "sleeping like a baby" clearly hasn't spent much time with a new born. Yes, I admit that there is nothing quite like watching a baby sleeping peacefully. Their gentle innocence, the way they snuggle, they are so at peace with the world. You could just lose yourself watching their little chests rise and fall (I know this because I did just that this afternoon when I did a spot of babysitting so a friend could run errands). I could have watched the little man for hours; except of course that would never work. You can't watch a new-born baby sleep for hours on end because they don't. I can only assume that when a person says they "slept like a baby" what they actually means is they woke up every couple of hours screaming. I'm feeling like that baby right now or perhaps the mother of one desperately seeking hours of uninterrupted sleep. My whole life I have earned nicknames such as Snooze and Snoozen (hence the twitter handle) because of my love of catching ZZZs but right not I am finding sleep hard to come by. The night is interrupted by frequent wakings. By morning, I feel like I've been hit in the head with a blunt object and quite frankly by day's end I am often so tired I could cry like a baby. I really wish I could sleep like one. Sort of.

No comments:

Post a Comment