-->

Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 8. Day 67. Touchy feely


Do you remember that woeful TV ad for Cuddly fabric softener? The one where the two blokes were discussing their towels in the change room and one could identify his because it was so soft. He declared "My wife's Cuddly".
Yes, it offended by feminist principles but I admit it made me feel slightly deprived because my mother never used fabric softener. Our towels were, like the unfortunate fellow in the ad, as stiff as a sailboard". I admit, I like to touch. Some fabrics just demand to be stroked. So I totally got why a group of 20 somethings in Musgrave Park chose Texture as the theme for their combined birthday get-together for mates Cieon and Will.  I do love a theme party and I do get all touchy feely in the presence of beautifully textured things so this theme was a total winner with me. My prize for best in show went to Sarah for this creation that had it all and a great sense of fun. It's okay people, I resisted the temptation to touch. I kind of figure going up to strangers in the park asking what they are doing and taking photos is probably about as forward as a girl should get, even if accompanied by two dogs ....

No comments:

Post a Comment