-->

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 28. Day 28. This is nuts

 I am totally aware of what the official dietary guidelines look like. I am also aware it is quite possible my food intake doesn't quite meet these guidelines (okay, not even close most days). Where it falls short is mostly in the consumption of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and seeds. I do, however, exceed in other areas. Let's just say that if chocolate was a food group of its own, I'd have that covered. So you'd think that I would be right at home with the diet I need to follow for a week from tomorrow prior to a medical procedure. No fruit, vegetables (except potatoes), whole grains, nuts, seeds or really anything with any fibre. But processed white grains, meat, dairy products, confectionery all okay. You'd think a diet that allows fish and chips but prohibits low fat dip and vegetables would have me smiling from ear to ear. But like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, the fact that I can't have an apple makes me really, really want one. It really is a case of forbidden fruit. I have become like the galahs at the University of Queensland this afternoon - almost prepared to fight to the death over nuts and seeds.
Yep, it's nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment