-->

Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 25. Day 25. You've gotta laugh

You've gotta laugh especially at yourself if you can. Today a couple of things managed to turn my frown upside down. The first was this tree I pass whenever I walk to the University of Queensland. It always reminds me of a scene from Blackadder where a great deal of an episode in Series 2 was devoted to "a turnip that looked like a thingy". Who wouldn't laugh at vegetables that look like men's bits? Hilarious. This tree is heavily loaded with seed pods that look pretty rude. Again hilarious.As an added level of hilarity, faces had been drawn on a great number of the thingies. Of course they had. Who wouldn't see a tree full of hanging bits and want to get out their coloured pencils? I wish I'd thought of it. The second thing that made me laugh was Paul McDermott in concert at the Brisbane Powerhouse where once again men's bits came in for a fair amount of comedic attention. Paul described himself as having a voice like an angel and the mind of a devil and this show jumped between the two in a way that was at times dark and at other times just wickedly funny. The show was Paul's way of dealing with the death of a friend proving once again that laughter is the best medicine. Yep, you've gotta laugh (it's better than the alternative).

No comments:

Post a Comment