-->

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December 1 8. Day 352. Catching up

He's come on so much in just three months. So much more sociable and confident oh and how those ball handling and gross motor skills are developing. Yes, I am talking about my dog. Yes, my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek.
While I speak in jest it is true that
1) Rumple, who was a little tentative when we last holidayed at the beach three months ago, now acts like he owns the place and
2) Dog owners on the beach and at the dog park talk about their fur friends in pretty much the same way proud parents speak about their toddlers at the playground. They also use much the same excuses.
I swear at both venues I've heard statements such as "I don't think he knows his strength", "She's not normally this shy" and the classic "That's the first time I've ever seen him bite, sorry."
Yep, pet owners are a weird bunch and I can totally get away with saying that because I include myself in that crazy bunch. I'm okay with that.
If, however, you ever hear me justify Rumple's poor behaviour on the grounds that he is a little out of sorts because he's teething or just a bit grumpy because he missed his afternoon nap, you have my permission to order an immediate intervention.

Look how good my catchinng is now, Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment