-->

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18. Day 261. "What are you doing?"

I don't understand fowl language (foul language yes but not ducking communication).
Despite this, I am pretty sure I can interpret what's going on here. It's the look on the little one's face. It's the look of "What are you doing?" with a dose of "Why are you doing it?" and a very large measure of "Why do you have to keep embarrassing me?"
Sorry, little one. It's what we do. It's one of the rewards of being a parent.
But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps it's the other way around. Perhaps it's the parent wishing to disappear in the face of a particularly bad outburst from the little one. What parent hasn't been there?
Oh the joys. Either way, I like this image from the duck pond at South Bank this morning. I might not get fowl language but I can recognise families enjoying hanging out with each other even when one's nearest and dearest does things that make you cringe.

4 comments:

  1. I swear like a trooper and I worry greatly that The Boy will do so in the future. Wonderful photograph, the younger one does look mildly confused.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant photo and I love your interpretation too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant capture, I wonder what the little one is thinking!

    ReplyDelete