-->

Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15. Day 258. Finally made it


I have issues. Many of them. But if I have to list two that impact on my daily life they would be a chronic navigational disability and an associated problem with punctuality.
I can get lost on the way to the shops. I could probably get lost on the way back to bed from the en suite bathroom if there wasn't a trail of clothes on the floor to follow back.
For some reason these shortcomings seem to have had a particular impact on my life when it comes to events being staged on the Redcliffe Peninsular. This time last year, I decided it would be an awesome idea to head to the area for the Celebrate Redcliffe Festival. I really wanted to be there for the first settlement reenactment. Unfortunately I ended up at the wrong beach and by the time I got to where I needed to be it was over. Oh well. Nice day in the sun with other families enjoying the festivities.
Attempt 2. The Festival of the Sails at Easter. I really wanted to be there for the parachuting Easter Bunny.
Another "navigational" problem and the small matter of no card in the camera. Another near miss.
But it was third time lucky. This year I actually made it to the festival on time, with my camera and a camera card. Score. It was worth the wait. What a fabulous family celebration. Just as well they didn't have me on that first settlement boat. They may still be looking for land.












No comments:

Post a Comment