-->

Friday, September 13, 2013

September 13. Day 256. Keep things in perspective

Some times the smallest things can really ruin your day.
There's no milk for the cereal, the toothpaste dribble on your clothes, a person cuts you off in the traffic that sort of stuff.
This morning, I lost my glasses (again), the puppy escaped as we were racing to get out the door, my laptop refused to connect to the Internet and the IT helpdesk once again failed to live up to its name.
I am fully aware that I share the planet with millions of people who have no safe water supply or food security or live in terror and fear.
Yep, my problems are first world problems in the extreme. But some days it is really hard to keep things in perspective no matter how hard you try. Everything seems insurmountably huge.
Try and keep things in proportion will you? So here's today's image. It's a sea of flags in the parade ground at work. They are part of the Brisbane Festival and about 30 centimetres high but from this angle they swamp the trees and the buildings. As always, it depends on which way you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment