-->

Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26. Day 238. I thought that part of my life was over


Being a dog owner has changed my life in a good way and, of course, that was the plan.
But I was realistic, totally prepared for the downside, aware I would have to make changes. 
One of the first causalities I envisaged was my obsession with bird photography.
Until January 1, 2012 I pretty sure I'd never taken a bird photograph but since embarking on Project 365 I discovered a passion for it and found I am not totally dreadful at it either. Also, it has proved to be far easier than I would have ever imagined.
But easy come, easy go. You'll never get a bird to hang around and play for the camera when you are walking with a dog, I told myself.
Once again, I have proven myself wrong. Rumple and the birds either don't notice or don't care about the presence of each other. This may be because Rumple considers himself human and does not indulge in bird chasing. It may be the birds also fail to see him as a canine.
This afternoon they may have been forgiven for thinking he was one of them. He'd staged a sit down strike so I was carrying him on my shoulder, parrot like, when I spotted the Pale-headed Rosella.
He stayed there while I fired off my shots. I think we've got it sorted. Rumple will indulge my photography if I indulge his occasional bouts of walking patheticness. This is why dogs are (wo)man's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment