-->

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 14. Day 226. Spreading my wings

The birds around our place are happy.
A week after a midnight fall and admission to hospital my octogenarian neighbour Margaret is back home.
As she walked in the door and settled herself in her chair by the window Margaret asked for a tray of mince from the fridge. Her first thought was that the birds would have missed her.
For me today was a bit of an exercise in spreading my wings. I try to treat people as I would like to be treated but this was the first time I really got to test my good neighbour skills.
I collected Margaret from hospital, assisted her up the stairs, paid her pharmacy bill for her online, went through the emergency alarm brochures with her and we discussed the different wheelie walker options.
And, of course, I took her fur friend Rumple over for a visit.
In the scheme of things, not much but her gratitude was obvious. The birds were grateful too.
So here's today's photo. A seagull at South Bank also spreading its wings and making a bit of a splash. That's today for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment