-->

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20. Day 79. Shattered

Whoever said time flies when you're having fun got it wrong. Well partly.
Double blind scientific tests would prove that a 60 minute massage does not take the same amount of time as a one-hour staff meeting. I'm thinking of putting in the grant application for the research right now. Remove all time keeping devices and get people to estimate how long they sat in a meeting or had a full body massage. The proof is right there. Time is relative.
But as I was saying before my mind was lured off to dreaming about massages, time doesn't fly when you are having fun. Time flies when you are getting old.
Remember how long a school day was, looking at the second hand on the clock crawl? Remember those six week school holidays which seemed like forever.
But now there aren't enough hours in the day and somehow we've got to March 20. How did that happen?
I can assure you this lack of awareness of where the first quarter of the year has disappeared to is not tied to having a rip snorting good time. The Year of the Snake is proving to be a vicious little viper full of venom. I feel shattered most of the time.
I suppose it's not so much that there's not enough hours in the day, it's that I don't spend enough of them sleeping. And I'm a bit of a princess crossed with a bear with a sore head when I'm tired. You've been warned. Stand clear.
Anyway, I promise it was not me who took out my frustrations on this large glass panel at State High. But I like it and I know how it feels - shattered but holding it together.
Perhaps I just need a nice long massage.
As my family is fond of saying when I'm blocking the TV "You may be a pain but you're not made of glass". Take your time to digest that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment