-->

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 5. Day 36. Spring into action

I feel like I am living in a rubbish tip. Here, for once, I am not talking about the state of my house where try as I might I have yet to convince my nearest and dearest that there is no such thing as a floor-drobe. On this occasion I am talking about the streets of my neighbourhood.
It is the annual council kerbside collection week where we are invited to put out our large unwanted items and a large truck will come and take them away (if the scavengers don't get there first).
At the moment the footpaths are a sea of fitness equipment which never lived up to its promise, televisions which were replaced by even larger screens and old saggy couches. This year everyone seems to have invested in a new bed and old mattresses are the item of choice to dispose of in 2013.
Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome service offered by council but not a very good look in the short term. No pain, no gain, as they say. Coincidentally, today is also my first staff meeting for the year where there is also likely to be a lot of rubbish of another type which needs to be dealt with. Yet another of life's necessary evils. Best I spring into action. Hang around much longer and I am likely to be confused with something destined to be compacted by the council truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment