-->

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26. Day 57. Soggy and smelly

Remember when we were all performing rain dances. It's not long ago but it seems such a distant memory. Everything is damp. Everything is slightly musty and I am not just talking about my body parts.
Seriously, we've had enough now of the rain business now (although the forecast would suggest the weather gods think otherwise).
Yesterday my pool man, who unfortunately looks nothing like the soap operas would suggest I deserve, came for his regular visit and topped up with expensive chemicals. This morning I was forced to let a foot of water and doubtless those same chemicals run down the drain. Sobs quietly.
The birds have decided my back veranda and the covered pool deck are completely awesome places to shelter from the rain. The mountains of glass in both areas are now covered in bird shit. Sobs grow in volume.
And I can't go out for a walk because I have seen the Wizard of Oz and know a wicked witch such as myself will implode if soaked. The treadmill just isn't the same. Hysterical sobbing.
Okay, I exaggerate. In the scheme of things life isn't that bad but is it so bad to want to see the sun?
Funny what things you can yearn for. Right now, I'd love nothing more than to be hanging out a load of washing. Later this week I'll probably be busily pegging a mountain of clothes on the line and cursing.
Given it's not that long city was in drought, it is important to be careful what you wish for (even if your clothes, towels and decking are starting to smell like poo).

No comments:

Post a Comment