-->

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29. Day 29. Back to school



Only two weeks ago, my 16-year-old niece Scarlett  phoned me and begged me to look after 11-year-old Cleo “the most annoying little sister ever”.
Yet this morning Scarlett was patiently tying and retying the regulation bottle green ribbons in Cleo’s hair until Little Sis was satisfied that the bows were just right for her first day at big school.
That’s what sisters are for, right (Although I can’t recall either of my sisters tying bows in my hair. Ever. I’ll have to have words about that).
Hair was on the agenda at our house too today.
We have one more day until school returns for 2013 so it was official back to school haircut day.
The school’s haircut policy makes me laugh (not because of any particular clause but because of the level of detail).
Hair must be neat and tidy and off the collar and ears and out of the eyes. No undercuts. Only natural colour. No shorter than a number three blade. Nothing that will draw attention to the student. No sideburns. And that’s just the bits I can remember.
Anyway we are now almost ready for Year 10. A bit of spit and polish on the shoes and it will be all good. Here’s hoping for a happy and uneventful school year.

3 comments:

  1. TWO BEAUTIFUL GRAND GHILDREN OFF TO SOMERVILLE TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME YOUN BOTH LOOK VERY HAPPY HOPE 2013 IS A GREAT YEAR FOR YOU BOTH GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, beautiful girls Susan. Sharing a special moment today. I love the uniforms, especially the hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the uniforms, and what beautiful nieces you have. yes I love the way siblings fight but when it comes to it they are there for each other.

    ReplyDelete