-->

Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10. Day 254. Think I'll go eat worms


"Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
Guess I'll go eat worms,
Long, thin, slimy ones; Short, fat, juicy ones,
Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms"
I don't think this Kookaburra was feeling at all unloved when it scored this juicy worm at South Bank Parklands this afternoon. In fact it looked like the early bird that had just scored the worm. If ever a Kookaburra had a reason to laugh it was this one.
I watched it sitting in a tree then it swooped and in one movement scooped up the worm from nowhere and then it was gone.
It rather reminded me of members of my family in the presence of chocolate. I used to think my son may have had a hearing problem but then I discovered that he could hear the sound of a chocolate being unwrapped from three rooms away. He's fly in, scoop it up and disappear.
It was a case of tone deafness where the tone unable to be detected was that of my voice. Selective deafness at its worse, an afflication I think he may have inherited from his father.
It's enough to make a girl feel very unloved. Think I'll go eat worms, or chocolate or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment