-->

Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 7. Day 189. Head in the sand


There is something very special about a sandy beach. Granted it is not all that pleasant to be sand blasted when the wind whips up. Granted you can be fishing sand out of hidden bits for weeks after a day on the beach. But when it comes to beauty there is little to rival a long expanse of white sand.
I had two long walks on the beach today, each a spectacular failure in terms of its stated aim but each a glorious escape. Walk one from Surfers Paradise to Broadbeach where the aim was to buy supplies for breakfast. That failed because I managed to leave my wallet at home, a fact I discovered only when arriving at the check out. Walk two was an afternoon stroll home along the beach designed to walk off a yum cha lunch. That one was destined to fail unless “home” was Sydney.
Of course, I would have been much more successful in walking off those chicken feet had I taken the approach to the beach walk adopted by my nieces – running on soft sand is exhausting. But I wasn’t the one charging down the dunes. I was the one standing at the bottom with a camera pretending that a gentle stroll equals fat burning exercise – yes I do have my head buried in the sand.

14 comments:

  1. sand dunes are great fun! Lovely action shot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do enjoy seeing your photo each week (i know i should visit more often as you blog every day) they are such great shots! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always promise myself I will do better catching up on people's blogs. At least we have good intentions

      Delete
  3. I love the sheer abandonment on their faces as they gallop down the dune.

    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliantly captured. It's a shot they'll all treasure as they age and slowly become the one at the bottom with the camera! Running on dunes is definitely a teenage pursuit only!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a brilliant action shot, lovely to see girls being girls and not acting all grown up all the time! Thank you for joining me on Country Kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great action shot! I love the beach myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun and carefree do they all look. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The beach is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning picture, looks like they are all care free :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a brilliant shot! It really does capture how people often feel about being at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely shot - full of joy

    ReplyDelete
  12. great shot, looks like everyone was having fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great, action-packed shot! Love it.

    ReplyDelete