-->

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June 5. Day 157. Barbed wire



Sophia Lauren once said: “A woman's dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.”
Yep, you gotta hold it all together, keep the bits in you want to keep in and keep out those things not welcome, thank-you very much.
A dress should, of course, also be beautiful, something barbed wire never is. Or so I thought until  I saw this piece of fencing under the Captain Cook expressway protecting one of the disused piers near the QUT Citycat terminal.
The intent is clear - you can't come in here but the form of the wire outlined against the water and the fence is quite striking. And like Loren said it doesn't obstruct the view it rather enhances it. Certainly it caught my eye as I walked passed  this morning.
 Clothing has been a bit of a theme for me today mainly because of my complete inability to dress myself properly and appropriately. Somehow I managed to rush out of the house without a jacket, not the smartest of moves given the wind chill factor. That's not the worse of it. I'd been at work for quite some time before I realised half of what I did manage to put on this morning was inside out. Somehow the bits digging in failed to alert me to yet another wardrobe malfunction. Good grief.
Perhaps it isn't Sophia Loren I should be turning to for advice when dressing but the ancient cowboy proverb that suggests you should be "careful as a naked man climbin' a barbed wire fence"
Had to get a barb in somewhere.











1 comment: